Essay on Management
William Wickenden remarks were direct to the facts that the first engineers were self though, geniuses in nature and well skill in technical aspects. Even without the formal scientific education they were able to engineer master creation such as the Roma’s aqueducts and others. Their success came from the ability of observation and trial and error and a hands-on in the manufacturing process of the era.
1-2. Compare how well engineering and management satisfy the several parts of the definition of a profession.
The engineering …show more content…
From this entire collection of quotes the common factor is the interaction and direction to the human factor that the manager need to performed to achieve the organization goals. All quotes have similar interpretation of management. The work of creating and maintaining environments in which people can accomplish goals efficiently and effectively (Albanese10)
• The process of achieving desired results through efficient utilization of human and material resources (Bedeian11)
• The process of reaching organizational goals by working with and through people and other organizational resources (Certo12)
• A set of activities (including planning and decision making, organizing, leading, and control- ling) directed at an organization’s resources (human, financial, physical, and information) with the aim of achieving organizational goals in an efficient and effective manner (Griffin13)
• The process by which managers create, direct, maintain, and operate purposive organizations through coordinated, cooperative human effort (McFarland14)
• The process of acquiring and combining human,