Project Management - Time Management Essay
NOTE: Do not use Microsoft Project to create and calculate these values. Do it “by hand” first and then if you would like to experiment with MS Project feel free to do so after you have completed your assignment.
Project #1: Moving across country
Activity A: Get bids on moving company
Activity B: Choose a moving company
Activity C: Go through belongings and decide what to keep and what to sell/give away
Activity D: Prepare for and do a yard sale for unwanted items
Activity E: Give away unwanted items not sold in garage sale
Activity F: Inventory remaining items
Activity G: Pack remaining items
Activity H: Move
Activity Preceding Activities Duration in Days
A Start 9
B …show more content…
2. Which path is the critical path and what is its duration?
Critical Path is A+C+D+G+H+I = 26 days
3. What is the slack for Activity F?
Slack/Float for Activity F is 1
A+B+D+F+H+I = 19 A+C+D+F+H+I = 25 (longest path for F)
Critical Path – longest path for F 26 - 25 = 1 day slack
4. What is the slack for Activity B?
Slack/Float for Activity B is 6
A+B+D+E+H+I = 19 A+B+D+F+H+I = 19 A+B+D+G+H+I = 20 (longest path for B)
Critical Path – longest path for B 26 - 20 = 6 days slack
5. If Activity E now takes four days instead of two days, has the critical path changed?
6. Based on the information in question 5, what is the new critical path and what is its duration?
*new* Critical Path A+C+D+E+H+I = 27
7. Based on the information in question 5, what is the slack/float